The Estimator’s primary goals are to assist in the planning, organization, and quality control of the project while providing ongoing supervision and mentorship of project staff.
Key Internal Relationships
- Reports to VP of Operations.
- Works directly with the CWC Executive Management Team, Operations Manager, Sr. Project Manager, Estimators/PMs and Site Superintendents as part of a collaborative team-based culture.
- Process change orders; obtain quotes, assess costs and impacts to project schedule.
- Assist with project completion close-outs.
- Administer requests for information; liaise with project team, client, and subcontractors, and attend site/project meetings as required.
- Assist with productivity analysis for bid preparation.
- Prepare take-offs/calculate materials quantities and input design/cost data to estimating software.
- Coordinate selection and purchase of materials and services for the project; liaise with suppliers.
- Assist with gathering technical/historical data for estimating and preparation of cost estimates on tenders for civil infrastructure projects.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications/skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in civil, earthworks, and underground utilities.
- Proficiency in Bluebeam, Agtek, Heavy Bid, and MS Office.
- Well organized, detail oriented, punctual.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively represent company in multi-party discussions.
- Commitment to excellence in service delivery, a safe workplace, and environmental protection.
- Degree/Diploma in civil engineering/civil engineering technology.
- Adaptable, team player and enthusiastic learner with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplined team.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@conwestcontracting.com, including the name of the position you’re applying for on the subject line.