Notable Project History
Riverbend – 8255 Riverbend Drive, Burnaby
Dates of construction: 2015-2017
- Complete on-site servicing, including storm sewers, HDPE water main, and sanitary sewers.
- Installation of the ductwork for Hydro, Telephone and Shaw.
- Handling, stock piling and disposal of contaminated soils.
- Installation of a dyke along the Fraser River, including placement of clay material in compacted lifts, rip rap bank install, in fill of the sloping with landscaping, and gravel path way through the green space and benches.
- Extensive roadworks, including the installation of pumice base, road structure and paving, structural soils, boulevards, street lighting, and sidewalks.
Cates Landing – 3829 & 3919 Dollarton Hwy, North Vancouver;
Dates of Construction: August 2015 – May 2017
- Complex earthworks, soil remediation, habitat reconstruction, site servicing and roadworks on a 10 acre site.
- Removal and disposal of creosote piles logs and beams, as well as steel beams, piles, scrap metal and mass concrete.
- Removal of 15,000 tonnes of contaminated soils upland and along foreshore to the low tidal point, including waste water and CL+ and Hazardous Waste (HW) soils.
- 40,000 tonnes of soil moved and gravels imported to reconstruct foreshore and create a new beach / wetland habitat.
- Reconstruction of Roche Creek including fish ladders installed inside existing 1800mm culvert crossing under Dollarton Hwy, supply and install pedestrian foot bridges, and multi-plate culverts spawning across Roche Creek.
- Trucking and placement of oyster shells from Nanaimo to restore oyster habitat.
- Walking pathway installation inside Cates Park connecting to the new foreshore trail network.
- Worked with Archeologists and Geotechnical Engineers to identify and protect Archeological artifacts and significant historic features.
- Performed corresponding Port Metro required works for shoreline reconstruction and removal of debris from the bottom of the inlet in up to 30 meters of water.
Rivers Edge Business Park – Fremont Street and Dominion Avenue, Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Dates of construction: 2007-2011
- Extensive earthworks and filling program on 95 acres, including 850,000 m3 of imported structural fill.
- Construction of a 16 acre intertidal wetland habitat area including a Class A fish-bearing stream & 2 eagles’ nests.
- Installation of 2400mm box culvert as part of ditch infill program.
- Installation of all storm, water and sanitary main as well as roads, boulevards and landscape for lot subdivision.
- Installation of MSE walls.
- Preload program to address challenging soil conditions (peat) at waterfront location.
Wilson Avenue Development – 7350 Wilson Avenue, Delta, B.C.
Dates of Construction: 2012-2014
- Structural Subgrade fill and preload of 10 acre site in Delta.
- Preload program requirement to address peat soil conditions.
- Construction of riparian habitat along South Perimeter Road.
- Storm, HDPE water and sanitary servicing.
- Full roadworks package including all concrete work and landscape.
- Building slab preparation and methane pipe installation.
Dates of Construction: 2012-2016
- Site preparation and preload program of 90,000 m3.
- Subgrade preparation, mechanical trenching, utilities including hydro, tel and shaw, slab preparation, curbs and paving, landscaping, site lighting.
- City roadway widening, over 300 lm.
Mount Lehman – 3311 Mt. Lehman Road, Abbotsford
Dates of Construction: 2016 – 2017
- Municipal watermain upgrade, 300 lm.
- Sanitary sewer main upgrade, 400 lm.
- Road widening, 110 lm.
- Installation of Hydro & Tel.
- Streetlighting upgrades.
- Site preparation including clear/grub, stripping of topsoil, sediment control works, cut/fill, import structural fill (41,000 m3), lock block wall.
The Residences at Lynn Valley Shopping Center – Phase 1 – 1175-1221 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver, BC
Completion Date: 2016
- Bulk excavation & shoring (29,000 m3).
- 2.5 levels underground parkade.
The Cameron – 3369 Noel Drive, Burnaby, BC
Dates of Construction: 2015-2016
- Bulk excavation & shoring (20,000 m3).
- 5 levels underground parkade.
Edgemont Walk – 1133 Ridgewood Drive, North Vancouver
Dates of Construction: 2016-2017
- Bulk excavation & shoring (9,000 m3).
- 1 level underground parkade.
Guildford Town Centre – Surrey, BC
Dates of Construction: November 2011 – August 2014
- Bulk excavation, shotcrete shoring and micro piles for the Guildford Mall Excavation. (50,000m3 hauled off site).
- Built temporary servicing facilities to maintain the mall operations through construction.
- Excavation, earthworks, site servicing, road works and concrete work for all the perimeter parking lots.
Metro Place Tower II and Silver Tower I – Beresford Street at Telford and Silver Street, Burnaby BC
Dates of Construction: August 2013 – February 2015
- Perimeter off site excavation, grading and preparation for landscaping and roadworks.
- Supply & install servicing along with detailed infiltration rain gardens and bio-swales with complex concrete and landscaping features and finishes.
Joseph & Rosalie Segal Family Health Centre Project – Vancouver General Hospital
Dates of Construction: January 2015 to April 2017
- Slab and foundation demolition as well as partial tunnel and full parking lot demolition.
- Bulk excavation, shotcrete, shoring, micro piles, building preparation and all site servicing for the 9 storey medical tower at VGH.
- Roadworks, landscaping prep, parking lot construction and landscaping servicing.
- Executed project works around existing hospital infrastructure within site area, including live electrical and water service lines as well as district energy steam lines.